ICS 100: Introduction to the Incident Command System
ICS FRAMEWORK: ICS:100
Course Type: Short Course
Accrediting Body: Federal Emergency Management Agency FEMA
The Incident Command System (ICS) is an internationally applied model used to manage and coordinate an emergency response situation. ICS 100 is an introductory course that will familiarise you with the history, principles, features and organisational structure of ICS, as well as help you understand the relationship between ICS and the National Incident Management System (NIMS). ICS 100 is the foundation for any higher level ICS training.
Who should undertake this course?
ICS is crucial to anyone that plays a role in emergency planning, response or recovery efforts and will benefit anyone in a management or organising capacity.
Some examples of sectors that will benefit from the ICS 100 course:
- Emergency Response
- Fire Fighting, Fire Services and Fire Protection Associations
- Nature Conservation, Environmental Management and Forestry
- Medical and Emergency Services
- Health and Safety Practitioners
- Disaster Management (Floods, Droughts, Fires, Etc)
- Law Enforcement and South African Police Services
- Mine Management
- The Oil and Gas Industry
- Event Organisers
- Estate Managers
Why should you take this course?
- ICS principles are used all over the world and have proven to be highly successful in both public and private sectors. No matter the risk, nor the organisation involved, an ICS system is an effective model to help manage almost any emergency.
- ICS 100 is an internationally recognised qualification and an imperative requirement in pursuing careers such as professional wildland firefighter or a first responder.
- You need to complete this course before progressing along the ICS Curriculum. Only FEMA approved online courses will be acceptable as prerequisites to continue onwards with ICS 200.
At the end of the course you will be assessed via an online multiple choice assessment. If you successfully meet the requirements of the assessment, you will be issued with a FEMA Certificate, which is valid for life and internationally recognised.
WHY UNDERTAKE THIS COURSE THROUGH NCC?
- NCC will guide you – NCC will provide you with the relevant information and correct links to undertake and complete this online course.
- NCC offers this assistance for free – The first two courses on ICS are among the courses NCC will facilitate at no cost: ICS 100 and ICS 200.
- NCC uses FEMA approved instructors and can provide further training – On completion of the course, you will be notified by NCC of further ICS training courses to further your qualifications in ICS.
Share this course with a friend!